Rental Basics in Raleigh>Question Details

Victory Prop…, Real Estate Pro in Raleigh, NC

What are the most requested features by renters?

Asked by Victory Property Management, Raleigh, NC Tue May 15, 2012

Victory Realty 1135 Kildaire Farm Rd. Suite 200 Cary, NC 27511
Serving the Wake County Raleigh Triangle Area, Cary, Apex, Garner, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Chapel Hill, Durham

Fence yard, big Kitchen, parking space, close transportation and shopping centers. It will depend on the person submitting the application but this are the ones I just get asked most of the time.
PARKING!! A safe place to park is the most important thing for both of us -
Next is newer appliances - ovens and laundry in the unit that are in good working order.
Lastly - non-smoking buildings - not just non-smoking units.
I agree with the responders thus far. Renters want the same features as a homeowner: upgraded appliances, hard wood floors, open floor plan, and a small patio to do some outdoor grilling and/or entertaining.
Web Reference:
Renters most often ask for similar things as home buyers- but they want the extras they dont have to maintain necessarily- pool, clubhouse, waterview, laundry, gym access. Inclusions- appliances (stove, fridge, microwave). Closet space is a big one!
Features, not to much but here are some of the top questions we get:

Do you accept pets? How much storage is there? Can I work on my car or truck in the drive way?
Can I store my boat in the back yard? Which Schools will my children go to?
Tenants want the same things many of us want: wood floors, large kitchen, good counter space, appliances in good working order and gas range if possible, ample closet space and storage, natural light. They are often willing to make trade-offs to get these things. For example, a small bedroom with great closets is frequently better than a large bedroom with small narrow closets.