What are some of the best neighborhoods in the Boston area for new college grads to live in?

Asked by CJ Thomas, Maine Mon Jan 28, 2013

Answers

10
Rafael Herna…, Agent, Roslindale, MA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi CJ

There are many good areas in Boston it all depends on what types of amenities you are looking for and if your looking to stay near the T. Please let me know and I will be happy to help out. You can check our rentals at realtyaplus.com/rent
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Tue Jan 29, 2013
South End
Beacon Hill
Back Bay
North End
South Boston/Southie
Web Reference:  http://territory.com/
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Tue Jan 29, 2013
That will depend on your interests, your needs, and your budget.
Single or attached?
Alone or group?
Do you stay in or go out?
Car? Parking?
Still unemployed? or Already paying off the loans?

I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
bill meissner, Agent, needham, MA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Boston is filled with great neighborhoods. It all depends on what you are looking for and what your budget is. Contact me if you have any questions. I'm a true Boston true native (West Roxbury/Roslindale) that pahks my kah in Hahvid Yahd.... http://www.BillMhomes.com
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
As new grads you are probably looking to get away from the student locations like Allston/Brighton. Unfortunately those areas often offer the best value. Depending on your budget you might be able to afford South End or Back Bay. Another less expensive option is South Boston or Jamaica Palin which are both well services by public transportation.
Mario Pavli, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Each area has different amenities and it's unique in it's own way. Back Bay, South End & Beacon Hill are knows for it's brow stones. North End it's little Italy where you get your Italian surroundings. Like I said there are a lot of neighborhoods that Boston offers but it's best to what you like.

Best Of Luck.
Mary Ellison, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Davis Sq. Somerville!
South Boston is pretty good too.
Stephen Bour…, Agent, Brookline, MA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Hi, CJ ~

It depends on your budget and what's important. Coolidge Corner in Brookline, the North and South Ends of Boston and Back Bay are fantastic as you are near just about everything from grocery & department stores, restaurants, clubs, night life and public transportation while not being overrun by undergrads. The C branch of the Green line T is a big attraction, a little more "adult" while allowing you to get everywhere in the city with relative ease - you can live just over the line in Brighton, providing the same access to everything mentioned above while also being a little cheaper.

We at City Central Realty, LLC in Brookline specialize in rentals and sales throughout the Greater Boston area to recent grads and young professionals.

Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help you in your search.

Best
Stephen
Masha Sender…, Agent, Newton, MA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Depending on your budget, I can help you research neighborhoods that have the right fit for your needs. There are many wonderful areas. I'm a buyer's agent and have sold homes all over the greater Boston area. Feel free to check my reviews and reach out!
Web Reference:  http://www.homesbymasha.com
John Dean, Agent, Somerville, MA
Mon Jan 28, 2013
Honestly is all depends on what you are looking for in your neighborhood. Each area of the city is very different. Back Bay, Beacon Hill, North End and South End all have their own personalities. I would explore each and see what fits you best.

You may also want to venture across the Charles River into Cambridge and Somerville.
I almost forgot about Brookline and Brighton ... there are so many communities to choose from. You should meet with a Realtor to help you narrow your search. Choose someone that matches your needs and communication style.
Flag Mon Jan 28, 2013