What are some key things I'll need to be approved for renting my first apartment?

Asked by Jahziah Sandoval, Miami Gardens, FL Wed Jun 12, 2013

I am 18 and I'm moving to Orlando for school. I want to rent my first apartment but I don't have credit. I'm worried that I won't pass any rental applications. What are some things that I can prepare now so I can be sure I pass the application?

Answers

3
Vincent Paige…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Jahziah,

Hope you are well. Don't worry, hopefully they will accept first an last and that won't be an issue. =o)

VP
Velita Rolle…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Thu Jun 13, 2013
You will more than likely need a co-signer or maybe a larger deposit fee. Will you be living alone? What area are you looking in?
I've been looking a lot and I've found many apartments in my price range. Thank you for the advice.
Flag Fri Jun 14, 2013
It would be helpful if your roommate has good credit for his/her part. But you will more than likely need a co-signer and or larger deposit. There are many apartments close to the Valencia west campus.
Flag Fri Jun 14, 2013
I'm looking to have a roommate and I'm looking in the SouthWest Orlando area. I'm trying to be as close to Valencia College West Campus as possible.
Flag Thu Jun 13, 2013
Neville Ibra…, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Wed Jun 12, 2013
You'll need to have a job with copies of your most recent paystub, deposit amount, clean criminal history and a good credit history. If you have no credit, then the property management staff may ask that you have a co-signer.

Neville Ibrahim