Was is the best neighborhood in queens for two graduate students? We know we can't afford Manhattan right now, so what's our best option?

Asked by Joanne Vega, Miami, FL Thu Sep 22, 2011

My fiancee has a law degree but is looking to do his LLM in Manhattan, and I am an MBA student. Need a save place, that is convenient for a 27-30 year old crowd. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Answers

5
Anu Dutta, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Mon Apr 16, 2012
You need to set your budget first. Then make a checklist of your priorities of close to subway, which subway is better for you to take, if you don't cook too much then look for restaurants/take out places etc, if you need a separate living room and kitchen, higher floor, laundry in the building etc.
Then look for an agent /broker who specializes in rentals.
Yuen Wong, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Thu Sep 22, 2011
If you're looking to rent and you don't drive.
The best neighborhoods for you would be along the 7 train.
That would be neighborhoods like:
Flushing being the furthest but really just a 20 mins ride by express 7 train.
35-40 mins on the local 7 train.
Long Island City would be the closest to manhattan, but also the most expensive (comparable to manhattan rents.)
I think some thing in the middle like Jackson Hgts, Woodside, and Sunnyside would best suit you.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Sep 22, 2011
Queens is a big area, much will depend on your budget, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; therefore check out http://www.mlsli.com for available rentals; if you need assistance feel free to contact me directly.
Imran Ali, Agent, Kew Gardens, NY
Thu Sep 22, 2011
Area of queens like woodhaven, ozone park, Bellerose and flushing are affordale, safe and close to the city. Also other areas can be considered depending on your your needs and what you can afford monthly meaning your mortgage. If you have need more info or have further questions please feel free to contact me by e-mail or 914-886-2761.

Imran Ali
Robert Flor, , New York, NY
Thu Sep 22, 2011
Neighborhoods close to the city would LIC, Astoria, Woodhaven, Sunnyside. If you need any other assistance feel free to call me at (347) 577-2776, Robert.