Question about Arizona city taxes for residential real property rental

Asked by john, Glendale, AZ Sat May 25, 2013

I have organized my limited liability company in Tucson, AZ soley to rent out our one (former primary residence) in Glendale, AZ. We only have one residential real property in Glendale and is registered as a rental. It appears that I only have to pay Glendale city taxes on my rental property in Glendale. But, do I also have to pay Tucson city taxes since my business is located in Tucson? It seems logical to only pay Glendale city taxes...though I just want to make sure.

Answers

3
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sat May 25, 2013
The rental property should now be registered as a rental property.
john, , Glendale, AZ
Sat May 25, 2013
Derek, thank you very much!
You are welcome John. Hang on to it... rental prices are climbing and it is easier and easier to find good renters. With so many people that either lost homes or did a short sale or bankruptcy the renters pool is growing. I think the trend will continue for at least another year or two. Good luck.
Flag Sat May 25, 2013
Derek Ostrov…, Agent, Sun City, AZ
Sat May 25, 2013
John,

I understand you formed LLC in TUcson but the property you are renting out is located in Glendale. You are correct, Glendale will be the only place you will owe taxes based on the rent you collect. Just to be absolutely sure I just verified that with our in-house property manager.

Thank you for your question.

Derek Ostrovski - Realtor
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
602-309-2344
derek@derekostrovski.com