My wife and I will be relocating from Pennsylvania to the Bay in late July/Aug. & want to rent. Long distance is an issue. Should we enlist realtor?

Asked by tierneyb85, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Apr 14, 2014

Answers

3
Endre Barath, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Fri Apr 25, 2014
I would strongly encourage you to work with a Relocation Specialist. Inventory is virtually non existent and if you are not working with a Realtor you might not find a place. Also be aware that Pennsylvania & California there is a huge price difference. Make sure your financing is in order and you are ready to move fast...

Endre Barath,Jr.
Berkshire Hathaway
Beverly Hills, CA
310.486.1002(m)
homes@endrebarath.com
Web Reference:  http://www.endrebarath.com
Melanie Nard…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Fri Apr 25, 2014
Our housing stock is very tight, so prepare for sticker shock in terms of our rental prices. It is also a very competitive market so be prepared with all the information that a landlord will require to apply, which will include your social security numbers (so they can pull your credit), your employment and employer's contact information, prior landlord contact information, and other references. I also encourage prospective renters to include a paragraph or two about themselves as an introduction. We have short term corporate rentals here, so you could occupy such a property for a month or so while you are looking to secure a longer term lease, and awaiting the arrival of your furnishings. Having a conversation with a local expert may help you better decide the right neighborhoods to concentrate your search. You'll find Craigslist a great resource for rentals.
Dawson &…, Home Seller, San Francisco, CA
Wed Apr 16, 2014
Hey There,

Being a long term resident and member of the real estate industry in the Bay Area I can attest to the fact that housing here is often hard to come by. Of course the neighborhood you're looking for has a big effect on availability but you should leave yourself with a good amount of time for hunting.

On the other hand, a realtor may not be necessary as there is a strong online community surrounding the renting and real estate business here so you can find plenty of opportunities online.

Hopefully this was helpful for you.