My question is I have 3 dogs and I want to move to Colorado Springs, how hard will it be to find a fenced house to rent?

Asked by pattis, Colorado Springs, CO Sun Jan 20, 2013

Answers

4
Brian L. A. Wess’ answer
Brian L. A.…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Hi There

Finding a fenced property isn't the challenge, but it may be a challenge finding a landlord willing to accept 3 dogs. If you are able to find such a property then it is most likely that you will need to supply a substantial pet deposit in addition to a security deposit. Typical Pet Deposits in the Pikes Peak Region run about $250 per pet.

I hope this info is helpful.
Charles Gilb…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Jan 20, 2013
There are fenced rental homes everywhere.
We love our dogs here in Colorado!
Flag Sun Jan 20, 2013
Wyman.bob09, Home Buyer, Denver, CO
Fri Aug 4, 2017
Agents are so positive about 3 dogs easily finding a place. As a 'citizen I say "no". There are limited rentals here and in Denver. Lifelong residents are moving out of state.
These websites owned by one entity have overpriced houses and rents arbitrarily and landlords are drooling for cash.
The reality is not a pretty picture and to move here when greed has its fangs out would be ill-advised. My rent is going up and I will probably have to go. I will let you know when that happens as the landlord would probably allow 3 dogs. The house is only 760sq ft....
Jodi Cubbage, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Pattis,
There are currently 4 rental homes on our MLS that specify they will accept 3 or more dogs.
If you would like a list of these homes, you may email me and I will forward to you.
The rental range is from $1300 to $1700 for these homes. They may or may not meet the rest of your criteria, so it would be best if you take a look at the listings first.
I look forward to helping you find your next home here in Colorado Springs.
Jodi Cubbage
Cherry Creek Properties, LLC

Jodicubbage@aol.com
thank you, I am currently waiting to sell my home here in Maine, as soon as it sells I want to move to Colorado Springs
Flag Wed Jan 23, 2013