My landlord only communicates via phone and will not give me her email, this is terrible for having hard copies of conversations. What can I do?

Asked by Alison Hillman, San Francisco, CA Thu Jan 24, 2013

Answers

1
Douglas Lagos’ answer
Douglas Lagos, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Hi Allison,

Landlords only need to provide a phone and address where you can send the rent check or any other communication.

If you have a situation that needs to be documented, you can always send a letter with return receipt required.

Do you need something fixed or brought to the attention of the landlord?
If yes, write them a letter. If it's an emergency, phone is always the best, and then follow up with a letter.

Just like tenants need to follow rules, so do landlords. If you need more specific information, please post your question on the board.

Douglas Lagos
Realtor, Certified HAFA Specialist
Coldwell Banker Residential
That's a good idea. She just has us drop off rent in a box in her office (in the building), but you are right. I can always write hard-copy letters and keep that chain. IE; before we had email! ;)
Flag Tue Mar 5, 2013