My home was listing for sale couple months but could not sale it. Now I want to put on for rent. Can I tell my realtor ?

Asked by thai.ngo2, Glendale, AZ Wed Oct 10, 2012

Answers

5
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Thu May 29, 2014
Yes! Contact the Realtor that you used for the sale.
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Thu Oct 11, 2012
You can certainly let your real estate agent know if you want to put the home up for rent. You will want to check with her/him to ensure that you have met the terms of the listing agreement and to see if your agent will help you rent home and/or manage it.
Donald Keys, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Yes you can tell your REALTOR if they handle rentals or you can try to sell it again as prices are up 20 to 30% over the last 6 months.

Your home Sold Fast (25 days or less) guarantee more info visit link below:
Web Reference:  http://www.DonaldKeys.com
Rocky Dole, Agent, Maricopa, AZ
Wed Oct 10, 2012
I would suggest that you talk to your realtor and discuss that as an option. As Dan mentioned you will need to read your contract and know what it says and also make sure that you know what is involved in renting out a property. You may also want to discuss the possiblitiy of having the property professionally managed so that the tenant will call the property manager rather than calling you if there are problems. Maybe the realtor you are using can help you with that.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Thai,
Step one is to read the listing agreement. If you agreed to list it for a period longer than a couple of months, they may want to discuss the options with you.
Before you become a landlord, please make certain you understand your rights and obligations. Look up the AZ Landlord Tenant Law and talk to other people you know who are landlords. Are you prepared for a 2 am call for a broken water heater, to evict a non-paying tenant after several months without collecting rent? If you are, and everything else lines up, go for it. Just make an informed decision before taking any steps you weren't prepared for.