My famlly and I are looking to rent in bucks county in the beginning of March. When should we begin our search?

Asked by Stephen Herbert, Yardley, PA Sun Nov 14, 2010

We are looking for a townhome or single home with 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths and allows pets.

Answers

3
Kenneth Verb…, Agent, PRINCETON, NJ
Sun Nov 14, 2010
Have your agent set you up for Trends automatic emails immediately. Do drive bys now so you are familiar with areas and costs to rent. Take a look at your credit now as if you have bad credit this could severely limit your choices. If you have pets understand that this too will greatly impact what is available. Most landlords would not hold a rental vacant from now until March so I would agree Jan Feb is time for serious look and making offers. (keeping an eye out early wont hurt though)
Erica Ramus,…, Agent, Pottsville, PA
Sun Nov 14, 2010
I would start doing your research right now. Watch the newspapers and ads for rentals so you can get a good handle on the going rates. Learn the neighborhoods and types of housing you can get, within your budget.

Then after Christmas start going out in person, looking at places. You should be knowledgeable by then about what you can get for a certain price, and able to sign a lease to start March 1 then.
Kim Tokar Te…, Agent, Langhorne, PA
Sun Nov 14, 2010
Hi Debbie,

you really should start looking in January/February.

Joel Gruenke
Web Reference:  http://www.kandjhomes.com