Rental Basics in Fresno>Question Details

Jlol, Home Buyer in Fresno, CA

My boyfriend and I are looking for a house to rent. He has good credit but I have bad credit. Will we be able to rent a house?

Asked by Jlol, Fresno, CA Fri Nov 16, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Most property managers will have all people over 21 fill out rental applications and credit authorizations for people who will be living in the home. Unless your boyfriend lies on your application, you will need to declare all people living in the property. If you do lie, it will cause more problems later. You should be 100% honest because if you are accepted, it might actually help your credit and you'll get a good referral/recommendation. If there are valid reasons for your bad credit, you can write a letter of explanation that caused the problems and include it with your application. If you have a stable job with a pay history, that will help too! If you are still having problems qualifying, they may ask for some one to co-sign.

- Dane
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
I know of some good possibilities;
call me later and I give you the info;
Ron 240-7777
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
Usually no problem if the lease is only in his name, you will not be part of the problem or solution. Good luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
An other solution would be to clear up your credit and start saving some money. Having a job usually helps
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
of course you can rent a house. We will help you stay with in your credit and the person with the best credit no doubt must sign the lease. Of course you will need to come up with the deposit The cleaning deposit and a couple of months rent. Please understand it will not be the Waldorf Astoria.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer