Looking for a 2 bed 2 bath rental in Denver.

Asked by Taylor Hebert, Dallas, TX Sun Aug 3, 2014

Boyfriend, 2 year old, and I will be moving to Denver from Dallas, TX as early as January 2015, but no later than July 2015. What neighborhoods are affordable and good to settle in with a kid?

Answers

3
Sharon Patte…, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Wed Aug 20, 2014
In looking for a home to rent, you might try some management companies. My husband has rentals with "Advanced Property Management" and City Scape Management. My company, Cherry Creek Properties, also has a management division. The office phone number is303-713-9000. Tell the receptionist what you need and she'll direct you to the right person. These management companies receive their fees from the owners so there's no cost to you. Might be worth a try.
Good luck to youx
Ron Rovtar, Agent, Boulder, CO
Mon Aug 18, 2014
Hi TVG:

As Carl points out below, the rental market is tight throughout the Denver area. So starting your search early is a good idea. I would suggest you check the usual websites (Craigslist, Trulia, Zillow, Padmapper, Hotpads, Realtor,com, etc.). But be careful. There are a lot of scammers using these sites. Especially, don't send money and don't look at rentals alone. And, as a general rule, don't get involved with anything that does not sound right.

You might also Google "property managers Denver" and start calling some of these folks. They may have nothing now. But if you call regularly and get to know them, they might be very helpful when the time comes. If there are apartment complexes you like, getting to know the managers at these can also be useful.

You should do your own research into neighborhoods. For good reason, real estate agents must be very careful about what we say. There are legal limits designed specifically to avoid what is known as "steering." But, legalities aside, you are asking for opinions that would be very subjective and, thus, probably not very useful.

I would suggest you start at Denver's website:
http://www.denvergov.org/maps/map/neighborhoods

And the Visitor and Convention Bureau "about" page:
http://www.denver.org/about-denver/denver-neighborhoods/

And then use Google to fill in the gaps.

Whatever the case, you've made a good decision in moving to Colorado. You're going to love it. And, if you are like most of us, you will never let anyone drag you away again.

Good luck with your search!

Ron Rovtar
Boulder, CO
Carl Larson, Agent, Denver, CO
Thu Aug 7, 2014
VooDooGirl,

The Denver Rental Market is really tight right now, where are you looking, within the city limits or are suburbs acceptable, Condo/ Townhome or single family? Stapleton and the Lowry Redevelopment area are great places for Younger Professionals with Children and it is a wholly new development with tons of greenspace and parks in addition to shopping a restaurants. There are really a ton of Options, Highlands and LoHi are really popular on the west side of town and there is a ton building and buzz there too. It is mostly a former commercial district, revitalized into a hip, urban neighborhood. It also contains some of the best restaurants in town. In Central Denver you have Converted Mansions and Older Building in Capital Hill, and in LoDo are most of the Higher Rise buildings. To the South there are a ton of options around DU, and more in the Denver Tech Center (DTC). I would love to give you rundowns on each neighborhood, shoot me an email, and i can send them directly to you.

Carl Larson
The Bartic Group
Larson.carl@gmail.com
(303)880-8778
http://www.thebarticgroup.com