Is there a fee for a renter renting a property through Trulia Realty and if yes, what is the percentage.?

Asked by Nicolette Kelly, Los Angeles, CA Mon May 28, 2012

Answers

7
Kathleen Becker’s answer
Kathleen Bec…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
Hi Nicolette:

No...there is usually no fee for a renter...the landlord usually pays the fee if there is one to pay.

Good luck in your search!

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
katbecker@prula.com
Kim & Kristi…, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Hi Nicolette,
The property owner typically pays the fee for the agent listing the property for rent, and for an agent who brings the tenant. To be on the safe side, be sure to confirm with your agent his or her fee is paid by the landlord.
If you need any help finding a rental, call me at 310-309-9130.
Best Success,
Kim
Arleen Fidler, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
Nicolette;

There is no fee to rent a property through Trulia. Truila has all the listings from the Multiple Listing Service. The landlord pays the commission. You as a tenant will be required to pay a security deposit usually equal to one month's rent plus the current rent up front. Sometines the landlord requires a security deposit equal to two months rent, all depends.
If you would like further information, please feel free to contact me. I
Arleen Fidler
Sotheby's International Realty
Sunset-Doheny Office
310-259-3320
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon May 28, 2012
First of all, there is no "Trulia Realty".

Please understand that Trulia does not list or sell or rent homes.
Agents do.
Agents can promote their properties here, on Trulia, and they set whatever commissions they want.

I suggest you speak to a local agent and see what the commission structure is.

Just as an FYI.....

Apparently, the way commissions are paid, in regard to rentals, varies from area to area, as in my area the tenant usually pays the commission!
Ruti, , Los Angeles, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
Just a thought. I do not wish to promote any business such as westside rentals but I would like to mention something from my own experiences. Usually, a person that is willing to put down a membership fee if you will, is a serious minded person interested in renting. Most of the time it translates into a good tenant. Again....just a thought.
Deborah Brem…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
The compensation for renting a property through an agent in a real estate firm is paid by the landlord. That said, rental agencies (such as Westside Rentals) get their compensation from the tenant: They do not charge the landlord to list their rentals, and they charge potential tenants for a "membership fee" to receive their list of available rental fees. You need to decide what is the best route for you.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) (310) 800-2954
http://www.thebremnergroup.com
Accredited Buyer Representative|Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.
Sona Gallatin, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Mon May 28, 2012
You as renter should never pay a fee.