jofford62, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

If you offered a for house and the person has lease/purchase agreement another party what should you do?

Asked by jofford62, Philadelphia, PA Tue Jul 15, 2014

Keep looking. If the first arrangement falls through, you may hear back from them, but you shouldn't plan on it. Move on, continue your search and if the first house comes back around (and you still want it), then it's a bonus...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 15, 2014
Call me at 267-934-1971 so I may advise you in person
Philip Cunningham
Market Force Realty
267-934-1971 (cell)
If there is a lease purchase agreement already in place then there is nothing for you to buy - they already have a valid contract in place and the home is no longer available.
My understanding of your question is that you made an offer on a property that the owner of that property already has a lease/purchase agreement. If this is correct, Jim's advice below is good. However, it really depends on what the agreement says. You will want to speak with your agent to find out what the agreement says (if he/she can find out) and then based on that, you may want to look at other properties.