If you have small children, are you allowed to make necessary modifications to child proof the house without loosing your security deposit?

Asked by Trulia Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY Wed Apr 3, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Here are some thoughts.....

1) The landlord may be responsible for and/or willing to make some of those modifications on your behalf before you move in. Hence, you wouldn't have to worry about your security deposit.

2) Discuss what you need to do with your landlord upfront and ask if it will have an effect on your security deposit.

3) Be prepared to remove such modification and and repair any damage caused by said modification before you move out.

Good luck!!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more