I would like to speak with someone about rental properties

Asked by , Tue Feb 16, 2010

I am looking for a realtor to help me get started in real estate investing. I am a homeowner, and would like to possibly buy a duplex to start as a rerental property. Looking for suggestions?

Answers

10
Hannah Flieg…, Agent, Larkspur, CA
Sat Feb 20, 2010
Hi Scott,

Please contact Fred Glick
Fred@Fredglick.com

He is the best! He will assist you and get you into good investment properties with appropriate financing. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.vallejorei.com
Michael N., Other Pro, Bucks, AL
Sat Feb 20, 2010
Scott

To add to the prior posts, I would suggest that you learn more about real estate investing via free online forums and sources and most importantly network with other real estate investors in the area. Here you will learn how to buy properties well below market value and other creative ways to purchase a property.

Then you can come up with a plan and KNOW YOUR MARKET that you want to buy the duplex. Know what the rents, taxes, expenses, etc. are.

To Your Success

Michael
Web Reference:  http://www.CMTrealestate.net
Matt Stoltzf…, Both Buyer And Seller, 54479
Fri Feb 19, 2010
I am a private real estate investor and have some incredible investment properties available. Financing is also available. Call or email me for info.

email; realprop09@live.com
phone;715.897.7358
Alina Kanevs…, , Cherry Hill, NJ
Fri Feb 19, 2010
Hey Scott,
I agree with Gita and the first thing you should do is talk to a mortgage professional who can advise you regarding your financing ability, amount you will have to put down and make sure you have the funds to you available that can be verified and seasoned for your purchase. I work with a number of clients that have investment portfolio's and some of them I started working with when they bought their first investment property. If you have any questions and if I can be of any help please contact me.

Alina Kanevsky
Lending Specialist

Strategic Funding
405 Kings Highway South
Cherry Hill, NJ, 08034
Phone: 856-429-2858 ext. 12
Fax: 856-429-4118
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Fri Feb 19, 2010
The first thing you should do is to talk to a loan officer and see how much down payment you need and the amount of mortgage you qualify for.
Investors are required to put down a larger amount.
Based on the amount you can start looking at investment properties.Look for areas where it is easy to rent,, near industries,near universities,or transportation.Be prepared to have some money saved up for vacancy and repairs.
A good buyer's agent can help you find properties.Buy a property close to where you live so that you can go if the tenants have problems or hire a management company if you do not have time to be a landlord.
You can also look for fixer uppers, fix them and rent them out because you may get a better return on investment.
There are good investments available in Philadelphia,Bucks and Montgomery counties.
If you would like to be getting rent from day one, look for properties that are already rented but first ask to see the lease and rental record to see if they pay on time.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com
Barbara Smith, Agent, Marlton, NJ
Wed Feb 17, 2010
ScottJJC,

Now is a great time to invest in real estate with the mortgage rates and prices so low. There are lots of options you'd need to consider. Do you want a turnkey propety? Are you willing to rehab a property and then rent it out? Is cash flow or equity the priority and how long do you intend to hold the properties? And of course, available financing is a big piece of the puzzle and will determine the area and what type of building you can aquire.

Investors are my specialty. I work with groups who buy to hold to rent, rehab & resell or rent & condo conversions, etc. I am licensed in New Jersey and Pennsylvania so if you'd consider looking on both sides of theh river, you'll open up alot of opportunities.

Feel free to call/text/email anytime so we can set an appointment to discuss your goals and start evaluating the available properties.

Best of Luck!
Barbara Smith ABR, GRI
NJ/PA License
cell/text: 609-980-7593
email: BarbSmith321@comcast.net
Web Reference:  http://BarbSellsSJ.com
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Tue Feb 16, 2010
Hi Scott,

I specialize in working with individuals looking to build a portfolio of investment properties. Many of my clients are out of state investors who have purchased multi-unit properties for cash flow. The first step in real estate investing is to find the proper financing to meet your investment strategy. Getting pre-approved for a mortgage on an investment property will let you know what percentage of the purchase price can be financed therefore giving us an idea of how much cash you must have for down payment and closing costs. From there we have to look at your cash liquidity to see how much cash on hand you can afford to put down and pay toward closing costs. This information will give us a price range to begin our search.

We must determine a satisfacory ROI (Return On Investment) that you will be content and happy with. Hereafter it is a matter of looking at properties, their cash flow potential, neighborhood stability (improving not declining areas), condition, rental market demographics, etc...

Please feel free to call me to discuss your goals and strategy to meet those goals. I can always be reached directly on my cell. It is my hope to become YOUR REAL ESTATE RESOURCE FOR LIFE. Have a great week. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman
Realtor, Property Manager
(267) 254-7994
Keary Willis, , Philadelphia, PA
Tue Feb 16, 2010
Due to the current real estate market, investing in rental properties is a good choice. Since foreclosures are high, I am seeing a greater volume of people looking to rent instead of purchasing right now. Also, when entering the realm of being an investor there is a lot of things to take into consideration. Some of the things to think about is location, who will you rent to, how to find quality and qualified tenants, how to manage your property, snow removal, and other wonderful things like that.

If you would like to talk, you can pretty much call me at anytime, or you can send me an email if you have specific questions that you would like addressed.

Real Estately Yours,
Keary Willis
Home Real Estate
1421 Susquehanna Avenue
Philadelphia, Pa 19121
215-235-3737 ext 165
267-595-0886
Richard Frie…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Tue Feb 16, 2010
If you would like to give me a call Wed in the am I will be in my office. I would be more than happy to give you help in this area. I know the Phila area well having lived and worked here my whole life. There are many things to take into account when looking into buying an investment property so call me and we can go over your needs and find the right fit for you.

Rich Friedman
Keller Williams Real Estate
300 Welsh Rd Bldg 4 suite 145
Horsham Pa 19044
License # RS311792
267-679-1088 (Cell)
rich.friedman@kw.com Email
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Feb 16, 2010
I am a real estate consultant work with many investors world wide outside of my own rental properties I own.

BRAVO for you do research prior jumping in purchasing find out you made a huge financial mistake. Many tips make it successful for you.

Contact my office schedule a conference call please have PayPal account established

Lynn911
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com