Rental Basics in 83607>Question Details

Sara, Home Owner in 83607

I want to find out if someone died in my house . I have lived in my house 5 months and i haven't heard or seen anything until now. I see a

Asked by Sara, 83607 Wed Dec 7, 2011

little girl

Help the community by answering this question:


I would spend some time in the attic alone, late at night, when nobody is home. Turn off everything in the house, and listen, and watch. Do you see something unusual? That could be a sign that somebody has passed.

In many cities, and even small towns, there is usually a small frame house with a neon light in the window advertising psychic services. Invite her over.

Obviously you can call 1-800-GHOSTBUSTERS, or bring in the that guy from television who communicates with the deceased, but both of these options are cost prohibitive.

There is always the yard excavation option, but be sure to bring the body (s) to a local coroner to determine the cause of death.

Happy Halloween.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 31, 2013
I have the same problem! She is a little girl, We used a ouigi board. I am 11 and I have been seeing her since we moved in my house, I was 1. She died from her father... he drowned her. I sugest use a website, or a ouigi board. Make sure you have friends or family depending on your age.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
people think that the ouigi board is just a toy but its not something you should be playing with.
Flag Fri May 13, 2016
dont use the ouigi board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag Fri May 13, 2016
I wouldn't mess with ouigi board. you are opening up portals that are evil. Throw it out of your house. You'll have of bad things happen to you and your family.. I would burn it..
Flag Mon Sep 22, 2014
I know this post is a couple years old, but you can now go to to find out who if anyone has died at a specific address.

US Stigmatized Property Laws: Most states do not have a law to disclose that a property is stigmatized. Three state have law to disclose events within one to three years of the purchase date. 15 states have a law that only if the buyer asks and seller knows they are to disclose. The remaining 32 states have no law, therefore no legal action can be taken against anyone for deliberately not disclosing. Such as with Janet Milliken’s home in Pennsylvania (covered by or Brain Betts home in Maryland.

If you are in the process of buying or renting a home you can now ask for a report before you sign.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 30, 2013
I went there, not work paying the fee.
Flag Tue Aug 19, 2014
too bad you charge so much
Flag Sun Sep 1, 2013
The previous owner is required to DISCLOSE if it had been a short time, (2 years in some states, 3 in others).
If you need to search, I suggest the microfilm at the Library. Ask neighbors. Ask the little girl.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
the house is located in Raritan, address is 28A 2nd street, Raritan , New Jersey 08869
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 1, 2014
before my grandpa he there was a mom with a little girl sick
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 21, 2013
You can check out this website It's new and I believe there is a small cost for the report.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 31, 2013
a lot of shadows where there shouldn't be shadows, also floorboards creek also the steps indoors and front and back porch. Been here for about three years
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 31, 2013
Hello Sara,
You may also wish to contact the local police department there in Caldwell as they would have records if there was a death on the property.

Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
Your local newpaper probably has an archives. Contact them and see if you can research that as it will probably also have a search of their obits. Think positive and make friends with your new house guest!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
Sara, research the public records at library, Talk to the neighbors, Google the address to see what you can come up with. If a small child died in the home it's possible it was reported in the paper.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
In Idaho, there is no requirement to disclose this information. It is covered via "psychologically impacted properties".

The neighbors is a good choice as is Google. You can search the address to see what shows up in public records.

I hope the girl is at peace!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
Not every state requires disclosure of a death in a home. My area, for example, does not.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Are you looking out the window or perhaps watching television?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 7, 2011
WOW. That's a pretty arrogant statement...what a waste of time and space for such sarcasm. Clearly, the intelligent brokers had actual helpful responses. You may want to think before writing if you are hoping to find clients here.
Flag Wed Jul 11, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer