I signed an addendum that was not updated it still has the prior name on there-no im going to court bc my other roommate-does my signature count?

Asked by Cole1622, 03253 Wed Sep 15, 2010

Answers

2
Scott Godzyk’s answer
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Cole first thing is you should never sign anything unless it is correct, you understand it and agree to it. As far as your document, without knowing th details it is impossible to offer any realistic advice. If it involves going to court , the best advice you can get is by using your first free meeting with an attorney to get some advice. Check to see if there is a free legal help line you can call. good luck in working things out
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Dane Hahn, , 34223
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Cole,
Addendae do not need to be updated if nothing has changed, for example, you might be asked to sign a "lead disclosure addendum", if the apartment still has no lead, the document would be fine--it's not a contract only a disclosure...I agree it would be better to have your own, but in fact it's for landlord compliance and your information. If both were accomplished, then it should be fine.

Part of your question I blame on our public school system, so I will not attempt to determine what you meant when you said, "no im going to court bc my other roommate-" but yes, your signature does count. So if you signed something it means you agreed to the document you signed.

Is that responsive?

Dane Hahn
Broker in NH