I own a condominum in the west loop and am looking to rent. 2BR/2BA what is the best way to advertise and which sites to avoid?

Asked by Goldbergt, Chicago, IL Wed Sep 12, 2012

1440sq ft/ 2br/2ba 3rd FL. 2 balcony new washer/dryer, granite counter tops
indoor prk space

Answers

16
Jeff Stewart, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hey Goldberg,

If you want to do it by yourself I would first put an ad in the building you live in, let the doorman know that you'll be renting your condo and then post on Craigslist.

If you're super busy with work/life/etc and just don't want to worry about renting it yourself, that's where I can come in to help out. What I do is advertise on the MLS which has exposure to every Chicagoland Realtor. By listing with me your condo also, by default, gets advertised on every website such as Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, Google, Yahoo and I post my own ads on Craigslist. I'm here to help you every step of the way from listing your home to coordinating showings, processing rental applications, coordinating lease paperwork and even building paperwork to get the tenants ready for move in time.

I'm very realistic in knowing that you may want to rent your condo yourself so no hard feelings - I just wanted to be sure you knew of how much I can take off of your shoulders if you choose to work with a Realtor!

Best of luck.

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue | Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL | 773-305-0480 FAX
jeffstewart@atproperties.com
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Apr 22, 2013
try domu ..craigs list is for stupid people
Dympna Fay-H…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Apr 20, 2013
To get the best applicants, use a Realtor to expose your unit to the MLS- feel free to give me a call!
Thanks for your response.
Flag Wed May 1, 2013
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Oct 14, 2012
you should have an agent do it for you I can do it for under 1 month of rent
Goldbergt, , Chicago, IL
Tue Sep 18, 2012
Thank you for all the helpful responses!
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Sep 16, 2012

I am very leary of Craigslist, even though I use it!

Try Postlets, domu.com, hotpads.com or the old fashion Reader newspaper.

Sarah Ziehr, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Trulia or Hotpads should do the trick. I would avoid Craigslist, I don't have good experience with that site.

If you decide that you'd like a professional to handle all the showings, qualify prospective tenants, run a credit and background check, handle the lease, adhere to fair housing laws and the Chicago Landlord/Tenant Ordinance throughout the transaction AND advertise your listing to all the other licensed Realtors in Chicago via the MLS, our own company website that draws traffic, plus Trulia, Zillow, etc., give me a jingle, I'd love to help!

Sarah
Jameson Sotheby's International Realty
sarahz@jamesonsir.com
312-339-4460
innovativepropertyconsultants.com/sarahz
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
craigslist, postlets are two good ones.

Or hire a realtor. Call a few up and see what they charge. I would be happy to help.
Web Reference:  http://AmericorpRe.com
Joe Schiller, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
craig's list is good, I charge 1 month.
Angela Andre…, Agent, Kent, WA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
I'm a real estate agent, so of course I think that you should list it with a licensed, professional REALTOR. However, if you want to list the property yourself, I would recommend Trulia, or Zillow. I'm not a Craigslist fan because it seems to be a magnet for fraudsters (who clone listings as their own), and other weirdos. Not their fault... just what I've observed.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Craigs List/Postets/trulia and or an agent like me!!!
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Jorge Vega, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
I would start with Craig's List first. This should give you an idea of what you will have to deal with. Now if you want someone who can take care of the tenant search, credit review and contract for you then hire a leasing agent. Why go through all that hassle yourself? get a professional who can somewhat protect you from future headaches. Remember, tenants have a ton of legal rights now so its no longer a walk in the park. Hire a professional! Good luck
Web Reference:  http://www.myownhome.info
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Trulia or Craigslist, but if you truly want MAXIMUM exposure you list it with a Realtor. Should you need any assistance feel free to contact me.
Brian Colebr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 12, 2012
II can help you advertise,.. Please email me at Bcolebrook@homescoutrealty.com I can help you with some helpful ideas not only to market it but to get it rented out fast to a great tenant..

I look forward to hearing from you..

Brian
Hi Brian,
I have a beautiful, updated 2+1 bed/2 full bath single family home in the Sauganash neighborhood (6209 N. Kostner Chicago IL 60646). Looking to lease for a minimum of 1 year or even longer. I am willing to work with an agent. Let me know if you know anyone who is interested. The Trulia link is http://www.trulia.com/rental/3094721915-6209-N-Kostner-Ave-Chicago-IL-60646.

Christine (312-590-4872)
Flag Sun Sep 23, 2012
Jena Beaver, Home Owner, Los Feliz, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Hi Goldbergt,

You can list your rental on Trulia! We have 22+M unique visitors a month, and surely someone would be interested in your fine condo.

http://www.trulia.com/post-rental/

This link will take you to the area of the site where you can post your rental. Best of luck!

--Jena
Trulia Marketing Team