I have a question .. My mother is trying to kick my daughter out of a house that has mine and my mother name on the deed.She says she took mine off .

Asked by Cathi, Maysville, OK Sun Nov 7, 2010

But I didnt sign to have it took off,, How can she legally do all of this

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


UB Home Team, Agent, Norman, OK
Sun Nov 7, 2010
Please note these are all suggestions, and should not be considered "the rule". As stated, contact an attorney! While discussing your options with an attorney, go to the Garvin County courthouse and research the deed/title, as recorded with the county, (assuming you are referencing Maysville and Garvin County as submitted on your question). Verify ownership prior to any legal actions. Don't spin your wheels if you have no legal right to do such.

Based upon my limited experience with "eviction proceedings" in Oklahoma, an occupant has to be removed with civil court proceedings, notification, and county enforcement. Also, tenants have rights, regardless of any monetary agreement or signed/unsigned lease. You can research "the rights" more by searching the Oklahoma Landlord Tenant Act.

Best of luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.ubhometeam.com
0 votes
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sun Nov 7, 2010
You need an attorney right away. Your situation is complex and not really something an agent or lender should advise you on. Your attorney can obtain the last recorded deed and see who is listed on it. From here they will have to advise you how to proceed. Sorry you and your family are in this mess.
0 votes
Cathi, Home Owner, Maysville, OK
Sun Nov 7, 2010
well my daughter shouldny have to pay rent it is my house. and yes I would fight my mother in court cause she is very money hungery. She doesnt owe on the house It is fully paid for my father left it to me when he died. she a b---h and wants ebery thing she can get . If she took my name off of it she will be in jail. cause I didnt sign any thing. may be wrong but thats what she deserved..
0 votes
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sun Nov 7, 2010
The first thing I would do is check to see if you were ever on the deed (originally) when it was recorded. You can easily check this online in most states at the county assessor's office website. This is public information. If they don't have a website in your state, then you can go to the assessor's office in person to find the title information. It is free to check this information in most states. If you find that you are not on the title, then she can do whatever she wants as regards your daughter (her grandaughter). If, in fact, you are on the title, then the best thing I can suggest is that you and your mother sit down and have a long talk. While you can always run to an attorney and spend money on them - ask yourself if you really want to face your mother in court. Probably you and your mother can solve the problem with good communication. Your daughter likely isn't paying any rent which is probably what is causing the problem. With the way the economy is right now, she may well need the income from the property.
0 votes
Miller & Dean…, Agent, Chico, CA
Sun Nov 7, 2010
She cannot take you off the deed without your signature, at least in my state it is that way. My best advice would be to talk to your local Title Company or make an appointment with a Real Estate Attorney in your area. Good Luck
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more