I gave a tenent living in my house a 30 day notice 33 days ago. I am moving back to Las Vegas. The tenent is not out yet. What can I do?

Asked by DPadula987, Las Vegas, NV Thu Feb 28, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


William Meyer’s answer
William Meyer, , Las Vegas, NV
Mon Mar 4, 2013
We use an eviction company called NMI. Their telephone number is (702) 368-1999. If you have any questions, please contact me directly. Prudential Americana, LLC, Meyer Property Management (702) 731-2100. Visit us at: http://www.lasvegasmanagement.com
1 vote
Demetria Kal…, Agent, Henderson, NV
Thu Feb 28, 2013
You can file with the court that has jurisdiction of the property to have them evicted once their notification period has expired as long as all the eviction paperwork was handled correctly. If not, you can reissue a 5-day notice and then file with the court, pay the appropriate costs to court and then the constable and they will evict the tenant on your behalf. If you aren't sure of all the correct procedures and need assistance, please feel free to contact our office and we can assist you in evicting them out. Good luck and let us know if we can help.


Demetria Kalfas-Gordon
ABR, GRI, RRG, SRES, Realtor
Licensed Property Manager

Urban Element Prop Mgmt
a division of Fortress Real Estate Services
8225 W Sahara Ave., Ste H
Las Vegas, NV 89117

(702) 839-2798 direct
(702) 442-6160 fax
0 votes
Randy Bridges, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sun Mar 3, 2013
You can have this resolved in as little as 14 days unless the tenant knows the system. Here is a link to the constable office for the eviction process. Good luck.
0 votes
Robert Adams, Agent, Henderson, NV
Sun Mar 3, 2013
there are many companies that you pay to handle the entire eviction process. I would recommend using one of these companies to make sure you are doing everything by the book to avoid dragging this out longer than need be and also to limit your potential risk of being sued etc.

Best Regards,
Robert Adams
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
0 votes
Neal Cook, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sat Mar 2, 2013
I have found that when it comes to legal matters it is best left to a professional. In our business we utilize the services of Eviction King of Las Vegas (no affiliation). They are reasonably priced, much less than a lawyer, and quick to respond.
0 votes
Team Lenz, Agent, Naperville, IL
Fri Mar 1, 2013
The legal term is forceable, if need be you have to hire an Attorney to acquire a court order to have them removed from your home it can get costly.

I have found the most cost efficient way to have tenants vacate is pay them to leave, either wave the security deposit or pay then a minimal amount of money to leave.

Think of the time and court cost verse the quick and less costly way to peaceably ask them to leave.

Make every attempt to have them leave of there own accord, or you will have a large bill going through the legal system.
0 votes
lvhomeproper…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Also, call Southern Nevada Eviction Service. 702-366-0321 http://www.Vegas-evictions.com
Evictions must be handled the right way or you as the owner will be the one on the street. It is very important that everything is done correctly.
If there lease was up or had a clause for 30 days to quit, then serve a 5 day on the door and a certificate of mailing to them. Then you can use the constable office.
0 votes
Nakia Woodson, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Feb 28, 2013
File a five day notice, which you can print for free online. Post it on the door. If they still do not move, the Constable will inform you of the next steps


Nakia Woodson
Wardley Real Estate
0 votes
Matthew D'Er…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Please contact AGR Detectives, Eddie LaRue. Look him up on Google.... He's been taking care of these matters for us for the last 25 years...he's the best and his office is right accross the street from the court house. Do not handle this your self. Matthew
0 votes
Russ Ravary, Agent, Commerce Township, MI
Thu Feb 28, 2013
The first thing you should do is consult with a real estate attorney or another experienced landlord to find out the correct legal procedure to start the eviction practive
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more