I don't have the best credit due to hospital bills but I have an outstanding rent history. Will that hurt my chances of renting to own?

Asked by Rodney Edwards, Anacortes, WA Wed May 9, 2012

I have a good steady job, my wife graduates from nursing school in a couple weeks. We are a small family trying to better our lives. I have been renting for over 10 years now and have had no problems and recommendations from previous landlords.

Answers

2
Fred Chambe…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Oak Harbor, WA
Thu Nov 1, 2012
You probably should meet with a trusted mortgage professional. It is possible that the medical collections and hospital bills can be circumvented in the loan process. With that, it may be possible to actually purchase a home, rather than a rent to own. Working with a good credit correction company can help, but often times, you can do everything yourself that a credit correction company can do and a lot cheaper with the right direction.
Guy Davidson, Agent,
Wed May 9, 2012
Every homeowner and property manager addresses this with a case by case solution. Given your job and rental history, I think that would outweigh a negative credit report, especially when you could offer an explanation.