I am currently renting my townhome in Florida and forgot to send out my lease application for renewal and now

Asked by Jay, Fort Lauderdale, FL Mon Apr 6, 2009

I am currently renting my townhome in Florida and forgot to send out my lease application for renewal and now it's been six days since the lease should have been renewed already and not sure what to do. Do I need to put together a new lease or a renewal lease and when you I date it? If it's a renewal lease what type of lease form am I using? Like what is the name of the form. I am trying to do this myself without professional help. First time doing this sorry.

Answers

3
Angela Schra…, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Mon Apr 6, 2009
Jay: You would use the same kind of lease form that you used originally. We don't use renewal leases. Each lease period warrants a new lease - same format.

Hope this helps!

Angela
Villa G Realty, Inc.
Tel: 954-816-7996
Web Reference:  http://www.villagrealty.com
Jay, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mon Apr 6, 2009
That would be great if you can provide contact information for a Florida licensed attorney.

Thank you.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Apr 6, 2009
Jay,

Lease questions are best referred to an attorney....

Our recommendation is to contact a Florida licensed attorney for reliable information. We would be happy to provide you with contact information.