asha.edwards…, Renter in Fayetteville, AR

How to handle this situation?

Asked by asha.edwards38, Fayetteville, AR Mon Feb 6, 2012

Me and the Fiance' have been renting our current place since June 2011, everything has been going "alright" but everytime it comes to paying rent, we are always having to contact the landlord to come and get it? Sometimes is a week after its due that he finally comes by to pick it up!. I understand if he cant make it until the next day but NOT 8 days after its due! What is the best way to handle this situation? without causing riff raff between the landlord and us?

Answers

4
Roland Vinya…, Agent, Sprakers, NY
Tue Feb 7, 2012
Normally it is the tenant's responsibility to get the money to the landlord, not vice versa. Spend the 44 cents.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Feb 7, 2012
Not a biggie...

Obtain an address and mail your rent to the landlord.....problem solved!
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Feb 6, 2012
You might consider setting up a recurring electronic deposit into his account.

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
Jennifer Lamb, Agent, Fort Smith, AR
Mon Feb 6, 2012
Have you asked if they have a drop box or a mailing Address? Then you are still in the position of wondering I they are going to wait to cash the check. I think you should try to discuss it with them. I have worked with some owners who managed properties that used a direct deposit system. You might suggest they contact their bank and set up the account for you to deposit the money into. The way the owners account worked is they gave the renters an account number and routing number. When it was deposited the bank automatically placed it into their account from there, that way the renters didn't have their personal account info and the account number given to the renters was deposit only.