How long do rental properties remain vacant? On average in Detroit

Asked by Ausinvestor, Grandmont-Rosedale, Detroit, MI Fri Oct 15, 2010

Answers

3
Terrie Freem…, Agent, Clinton Township, MI
Wed Jul 16, 2014
It really depends on so many different factors, like location, price, type of rental and management ability to turn it.
I would said on an average in your area currently 1 or 2 months. (only my opinion )

Thanks for asking.
Todd Brittin…, Other Pro, White Lake, MI
Thu Oct 21, 2010
Ausinvestor, it really depends on the property condition, location, and rental price. If property is in good condition, in the right area at a reasonable price, it will rent immediately. If you are off on any of these three factors, your property could sit for quite some time. The best thing to do if you are not in the local area is to work with a local property management company and they can help direct you on the pricing you should set your rent at to obtain the quickest turnover. They will also be able to help you with the tenant screening process. If you are looking for a good property manager, I can give you some references. Please feel free to contact me.

Todd Brittingham
Michigan Turnkey, LLC
Ph: 248-917-4416
Fax: 248-419-1746
todd@michgianpropertybuyer.com
http://www.MichiganTurnkey.com
That's a good answer Todd. Could you give me some references as well. I am looking for a good Property Manager who is good in getting good tenants and belongs to trade associations. my address is
Flag Mon Jul 14, 2014
Michael Warr…, , Novi, MI
Fri Oct 15, 2010
Hi Ausinvestor

I can only give data (from our MLS) regarding property listed with a realtor or some management companies.
During the last six months in the City of Detroit, rental houses were on the market for an average of 69 days.
Price, condition and location are factors which can significantly impact the number of days on market.

Mike Warren