How do I get open listings and manage them in an electronic system?

Asked by Tom Brownly, New York, NY Mon Nov 5, 2012

I am a new Broker and want to start doing business and renting apartments. How do I get access to open listings and how can I manage them in an electronic system? Does becoming a member of REBNY and using their electronic system the best solution or does OLR allow new brokers to have access to all the open listings out on the market?

Answers

2
Elena Ravich,…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Nov 5, 2012
You should check with your company what listing provider they use and search there - many management companies post their open listings on REBNY listing services. Ask what coding you should look for to make sure they are open.

Also, no fee rental listings are on http://www.nybits.com/
Joseph Hasti…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Hi Tom. Welcome to the business. I strongly suggest you discuss this with your Principal Broker or office manager. Your Broker's in house system should work well for you at first. You need information on open listings as well. Your sponsoring Broker is the first place to address any issues. good luck.
Joseph, Thanks for the response. I am the principal broker. I used to work in FL doing sales. Now I am here in NY trying to start rentals. I want to know on how to create an in-house system and to start the system how do I get access to the open listings? Do I need someone to manage them manually or is there a system that would do it for me?
Flag Mon Nov 5, 2012