Rental Basics in 16226>Question Details

Karen, Other/Just Looking in 16226

How do I find out the real value of my business?

Asked by Karen, 16226 Wed Dec 8, 2010

Looking to lease thealready existing business-father passed away andmanager wants to lease to continue to run business for himself

Answers

2
You need to hire a realtor that specializes in business brokerage. They take the value of your fixed assets (inventory, if any plus) any office items like computers plus also the good will of the business. The good will is the tricky part of the business - in other words how much does the business make because of residual customers. This is not something easy to figure out and you have to hire someone licensed and experienced in doing it. Use a search engine to help you find someone in your area. FYI - most business brokerages get a fee upfront for services. So make sure you are happy with your person before you hire them. Interview several before you sign with one of them. Ask to see their success rate of selling or leasing the business. Many businesses are sold with some sort of terms where the owner gets a certain amount down and then you carry the payments for a period of time. Your manager might be very interested in something like that if he has any money at all. I hope this advice helps you. Much good luck.
Good Morning Karen;

Contact a local "Commercial" Real Estate agent and/or a Commercial Property Appraiser in your area. They will be able to assist you.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com