How can I legally rent out my single family in Waterbury ct.?

Asked by Dave10, Waterbury, CT Fri Jan 28, 2011

I have a fha backed home loan and have lived in the property for almost two years.

Answers

6
James Ryan, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Leesburg, VA
Sat Jan 29, 2011
With FHA, you are fine renting it out now legally speaking. If you are buying a new home, it will be difficult, but not technically impossible to get a new FHA loan.

Best wishes, Jim, HSOA.
Dave Jones, Agent, Prospect, CT
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Also keep in mind that your insurance company will need to be notified. There are a lot of qualified renters out there right now due to the foreclosure wave.

Be sure to go beyond the basic credit check and also check references, employers and past landlords.
Kenitra Sher…, Agent, Waterbury, CT
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Dave, typically with this type of loan as long as you have lived in the home for a year there should be no issues. The only issue is if you were looking to obtain a second FHA loan. You can feel free to give me a call in helping you find a great tenant! Kenitra Star Realty LLC 203.998.0407 ext 4
Phyllis Fusco, , Waterbury, CT
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Hi Dave,

I am working with rental clients who are actively seeking single family homes in Waterbury.Please give me more details about the property such as size and location so that I can determine if I have a client who may be interested in viewing it.
Web Reference:  http://www.cthomebuyer.com
Joseph Abreu, , Connecticut
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Hi Dave, That's great news. Call us. we have clients waiting to lease single family homes in Waterbury.

203-757-7202
Web Reference:  http://www.abreurealty.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Dave you need to read your terms of your mortgage, it may allow you to rent it out if you have lived there for a specific amount of time. Some loand if owner occupied do not allow you to rent at all. Most home owners do not follow their mortgage but to do it right, you need to read what is in your specific mortgage.