Rental Basics in Miami>Question Details

vskinov, Home Owner in Miami, FL

How can I get a tenant out an efficiency for an issue other than missing rent payment? Can I just ask her to leave? I will give Dep. back & advd rent

Asked by vskinov, Miami, FL Sun Jan 6, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Yanoska Diaz’s answer
You should give the tenant a 30 day written notice for whatever reason it is you want them out. If the tenant does not move out you need to proceed with an eviction but in order to do that you need to stop accepting rent payments.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 12, 2013
Do you have a written lease? If not, it's likely tenancy at will. I suspect most efficiencies are leased on that basis.

In any case, I'd suggest simply asking the person to leave, but give her adequate time to make arrangements. A little cash incentive can also help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 7, 2013
Your best bet is to have an attorney review the lease & situation with you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 6, 2013
Flag Mon Feb 11, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer