How can I evict my brother from my home, NV I let him and his girlfriend move in a few months ago because they were evicted from there apartment.?

Asked by trapped, Las Vegas, NV Wed Nov 20, 2013

He promised to help by paying rent and helping around the house. They have not paid me a dime to this day. I feel he is doing some kind of criminal or illegal activity in his room, claiming he is a computer techinician, strange people coming to my home demanding for there equipment or that equipment is not working and they paid him already. He won't come out of his room and when he does he is rude and condenscending to me and my mother and sister. I don't feel safe with him in my home, he drinks and takes drugs. How and what can I do to evict him from my home. I am the owner of my home and have 2 little ones. Please help.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Joanne McNulty’s answer
Joanne McNul…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Hi, I am a property manger and I use Southern Nevada Eviction Services. They do a good job. It is going to cost you a little money, but worth it to have a 3rd party handle this for you.
0 votes
Karen Peyton, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Wed Nov 20, 2013
Given your plea for help, and assuming you have already told him to get out - you will have to involve the police. You'll have to report having told him to leave and his refusal, suspicion of drug activity and use, your fear for your family's safety, him using your home to run a business and whatever else you haven't written here. You may also have to go to court to process a "formal" eviction if deemed necessary by law enforcement. If push comes to shove and he will not leave on his own accord, or if he does - but you still feel unsafe - you might consider getting a restraining order. Of course the situation now and likely into the future will make for poor family reunions, but you gotta do, what you gotta do! If not for yourself, for your children!

Best of luck. I'm hoping for a quick resolve to your dIlemna.
1 vote
Matthew D'Er…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Call Eddy Larue with AGR Detectives. I've used him for years. Tell him Matthew D'Ercole sent you. Do everything by the book. You've got your self in a tricky situation for sure. Matt
0 votes
Nancy Natoli, Agent, Henderson, NV
Wed Nov 20, 2013
If there is illegal activity you can call the police and if you are in fear get a restraining order. Besides that you would have to serve him with a notice to vacate. If you call the courts they will advise you how legally to get him out. But the most important thing is to keep your family safe.
0 votes
Rena Levy, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Nov 20, 2013
My advise to you is to consult an attorney.
0 votes
Tiffany Neri, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Nov 20, 2013
I hope this link helps you find the answers you are looking for. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is looking at buying or selling or looking for a place to rent.
0 votes
dawn lane, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Nov 20, 2013
If you are aware of illegal activity in your home you are just as guilty . Are you afraid to tell him to leave ? If there is no lease agreement and he is not paying you then tell him to get out . I don't quite understand if you are living there with him ? If you are and you are endangering your children then shame on you ! Those poor children. Be a man and tell him to leave . Change the locks don't answer your phone for goodness sakes . You don't need a Realtor you need common sense . If he got evicted from his last place what makes you think he would pay you ? He's a manipulator and you're an enabler . Geez .
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more