Does my MA apartment need a second exit?

Asked by Betsylamb2, Boston, MA Fri Feb 13, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Scott A. Nel…, , 02155
Fri Feb 13, 2009
You could check with your local inspectional services department, just be aware if they decide it's non-conforming you may have to find another place to live. Typically apartments must have 2 modes of egress, the local rules vary as to what can constitute egress (fire-escape/ladder etc.). The property may be grandfathered for some reason, or recieved a special variance. Too many variables to tell. Your best source of information would be your local inspectional services department or local fire department.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more