Do you think it's a good idea to obtain renters insurance?

Asked by Marc Middleton, Miami Beach, FL Sat Sep 22, 2012

Answers

7
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Landlord's insurance normally covers damage to the building and protects landlord against claims from tenant or other person suffers injury or damage because of a condition for which landlord is responsable. Landlord's insurance almost never covers the tenant's possessions. A tenant needs to be aware that standard renter's policy cover structural damage to the tenant's residence cost by fire, smoke and explosion, but do not cover damage done to the residence that is normally covered by a security deposit such as stains on wall to wall carpeting, damages to appliances, etc.

Best of Luck,

Maria E. Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Depending on the type of rental unit you are in and the value of your belongings. Check with your car insurance company as they tend to offer bundling discounts. I have an issue with insurance to begin with because they are in the business to collect premuims not protect us...

Chris
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Hello Marc, yes I think its a good idea; furthermore I think this article will interest you; http://www.brickunderground.com/blog/2012/08/10_things_you_d…
FSBOsuccess, Home Seller, 28590
Wed Sep 26, 2012
For a renting tenant? Absolutely. It is dirt cheap, but comes in VERY handy if you have a claim. My rental home broken into almost 14 years ago. Insurance company covered everything. Well worth it!
Leticia Nass…, , Miami Beach, FL
Wed Sep 26, 2012
When I represent landlords I do require renters insurance. It's a great way to protect landlord from future tenant claims in regards to injury or damage to the building.

Leticia.
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Marc,
Insurance is usually always a good Idea. You may feel it's a waste of your money, but the fact that you are covered in case of a loss will help you sleep at night.
Christina La…, Home Buyer, Florida
Sat Sep 22, 2012
Hello Marc my name is Christina Lagoudes I am a realtor for keyes. Miami Beach is a great place to live... I lived there for a few years ... And in today's market you can find some amazing deals... If you are looking to rent it is always a good idea to get renters insurance because that will secure your belongings within the home
As per your other question if Miami beach has a bad crime rate, the answer is within any city there are good areas and bad areas but overall Miami beach does not have a bad crime rate ... If you go south of 5th that is where some of the nicest condos can be found... I would stay away from the more touristy places where there are many clubs like Washington ave.

I have a client that I have been searching for a home or condo in Miami beach so if you would like you can send me your email and I will be more then happy to send u some listings that fit your criteria

My email address is christinalagoudes@keyes.com shoot me and email with what you are looking for and I will make it my number one priority to find you something amazing

Any other questions please let me know

Thanks and you will love living in Miami beach !

Christina lagoudes
561 289-4075
Christinalagoudes@keyes.com
Keyes realtor