Do I need to have a home inspection before I rent out my home?

Asked by Carrie, Millersville, MD Thu Mar 24, 2011

I found out that Howard County has to have a home inspection before renting.. just wondering if Anne Arundel County has to too!

Answers

7
Kim Mills, Agent, Crofton, MD
Thu Mar 24, 2011
No, Anne Arundel County does not require that but depending on the year built you may need to test for lead base paint and registered.
Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Kim Mills
Web Reference:  http://www.kimandrenie.com
The Roskelly…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Hi Carrie,

No you don't. But there are portions of the Anne Arundel county standard lease that outline who is responsible for maintenance of items such as appliances and heating and air conditioning. You'll also want to make sure you have your tenant applicants well screened for credit worthiness and job stability. If you are in need of tenant locator services we have one of the best programs around. Visit us on-line for more info.
brent mendel…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Bethesda, MD
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Not sure but Don is right call the county just to confirm. It's not a bad idea either way. If you need a good home inspector I can give you a name of the person that did ours. He was excellent. More importantly get a home warranty. When we moved my wife and I each had a home that we now rent out. We had a warranty on one and not the other. Guess which home had all the problems? We just got one for $320 per year that covers alot. Same thing if you want the name and number of the person used for the homee warranty just let me know.
Thanks and hope this helps.
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Thu Mar 24, 2011
It'd be best to call the county directly. Turns out you're correct about Howard County, but I wasn't able to find anything comparable on Anne Arundel's web site. So, give the county a call.
Sharon.smith…, Home Buyer, Millersville, MD
Tue Feb 28, 2017
Is it a requirement to have a Mobile Home Inspected before a Tenant moves in Mo.
Tue Feb 28, 2017
Is it a requirement to have a mobile home inspected before a Tenant moves in in Mo?
bryantalford…, Renter, Millersville, MD
Mon Aug 4, 2014
does irvington nj appartments supposed to be inspected before you move in