1) An experienced broker will most likely save you time. What's your time worth?
2) An experienced broker will negotiate on your behalf and save you Money.
3) An experienced broker has quality relationships with landlords and other agents and will find things not listed.
4) An experienced broker will find you what you want and has access to resources that are up to date.
5) An experienced broker will listen to you, and read your mind and come up with things that you would have never thought of.
6) An experienced broker will stick with you through thick and thin, sickness and in health.
7) An experienced broker knows which listings really will take your dog.
8) An experienced broker will get your dog in even if it is 10 pounds beyond the weight limit.
9) If your move date changes an experienced broker will keep you up to date on changes that are not public knowledge.
10) an experienced broker, will look after your best interest even after they have cashed the commission check.
11) Don't ever use an inexperienced agent/broker... they are learning on your dime..
12) If you are renting, an experienced broker will be there for you when it's time to move or time to buy.
I was in the entertainment business in NYC for many years and went without using a broker a long time. It was only after I got married and my time became valuable that I used a Broker. I was so happy with the results, I became an agent myself.