Cant buy...so who can help with rentals?

Asked by Sc_mom4@sbcglobal.net, Santa Cruz County, CA Fri Jan 2, 2009

My credit is not so great. However I have lived in my current rental for 14 years. Does this help me? Want to find a quality house, in quality neighborhood. Wonder if my credit holds me back.

Answers

4
Redbrick, Both Buyer And Seller, Merced, CA
Wed Mar 3, 2010
I am an owner in n. merced, looking for a renter. let me know what you are looking for.
Andre Plessis, Both Buyer And Seller, Canoga Park, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Oct 8, 2009
Why would you move from where you're at now? Keep saving money, improve your credit and buy. There has never been a bette rtime to buy, and prices will remain stagnat for probably two more years.
Jordan Muela, , Austin, TX
Thu Oct 8, 2009
A good reference from a previous landlord seems like it would help, but the reality is that it is totally trumped by your credit.
Crystal, Home Buyer, Merced, CA
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Do what I did & search the classifieds in the Merced Sunstar. I rented my house from the owner, NOT a property management co. Gonella, Tinetti, doesn't matter. They take your money & run your credit BEFORE they will even let you look at the house! I even had a credit report that was run a week before, they wouldn't accept it. We all know that the more you run credit the worse it gets! The Gonella people went as far as telling me that neighbors wouldn't want someone like my husband living next door to them. Army & law enforcement. So apparently they like to rent to the bottom of the barrel. WATCH OUT!!! There are horror stories about the mgt. co. here. Won't prorate rent for a week, can't get deposit back, charges for normal wear & tear after several years. Find an owner, pay dbl the deposit if you have to, it'll save you a lot of hassle in the long run!