Can anyone share with me a legal agreement form that works in california for renting a room in my house to roommate?

Asked by Ihawash, 92026 Fri May 18, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ricki Lynn M…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri May 18, 2012
Check Office Depot or Staples they use to have those types of forms, unfortunately, licensed agents can't share their CAR contracts unless they are agents to the transaction.
Best of Luck to you.
0 votes
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Fri May 18, 2012
Hi Lhawash,
Do you own the home or are you subleasing?

Sinead McAllister
McAllister Homes Real Estate
0 votes
I own the home and intending to renting 1 room, I never done that before and want some education
Flag Fri May 18, 2012
Darrell D. D…, Agent, Schertz, TX
Fri May 18, 2012
As Real Estate Agents, we are only allowed to utilize the promulgated contract forms created for our designated states by our respective licensing agencies. A real estate agent cannot create specific forms which is considered practicing law and not legal. Also, providing forms from our state association of Realtors for public use is not authorized. I would check with the California Real Estate Commission for a form for public use, but I doubt if one will exist for room rentals.

You may check with a local office store for blank, fill-in forms that may fit your needs. Good Luck.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more