Can I find a furnished apartment with utilities included under $800?

Asked by Samia Ortiz-hernández, College Hill, Providence, RI Fri Apr 30, 2010

in Blackstone or College Hill

Answers

4
Bradley, Renter, Gainesville, FL
Sat Nov 20, 2010
I just found a college apartment online for $499 a month (shared unit though) but I have to think it would be possible anywhere to find one under $800!
Web Reference:  http://collegerentals.com
Gail Armstro…, Home Seller, Washington Park, Providence, RI
Sat May 1, 2010
Depends on how nice you want the place to be and how big/how many bedrooms. If you are fine with a bare minimum of furniture and don't mind the place being small or not very well kept, you might be able to find somewhere. You could also look for unfurnished apartments and negotiate with the owner to furnish it for you.
My place, including utilities and furnished, if I were to rent it out (it's a modern condo with central AC, granite etc) would be at least $1300.
Try advertising on craigslist yourself, under "housing wanted." Good luck.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Apr 30, 2010
Consider asking, friends, current neighbors, co-workers, family members, etc.--maybe they know of someone willing to rent you the space.
Christopher…, Agent, Methuen, MA
Fri Apr 30, 2010
The furnished part sounds like a tall order, but have you tried searching on craigslist? There looks like there is a lot of options in your price range. Here is a link for you. Good luck.