As a homeowner renting out a property, what should one look for in a property management company? (Besides reviews)

Asked by Trulia New York, New York Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

5
BOB Brooks, Agent, new york, NY
Mon Feb 18, 2013
reviews is the best way to start. yelp reviews.
proximity to the property-you want them in pretty close proximity to the property in question
6% of the rent roll less expenses is standard fee to a property management company.
years in business is a good sign- the longer the better usually!!
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Mon Feb 18, 2013
As a landlord myself, that is what I would want to see; someone who feels my pain.
Jubilong, , New York, NY
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Its about personal connectivity. Make sure you connect well with the person and they care about your business personally. Its like choosing any other adviser. Good luck!!
Janet Nation,…, Agent, Baldwin, NY
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Been in that position and that's a tough one, outside of reviews, a personal referral if possible is best.
Charlie Summ…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Many landlords in New York are able to self-manage their units even as out of town owners. If you would like more details please call me. Charlie Summers SVP Bellmarc Realty 917-376-1648