how do i list on craigs list to rent to buy?

Asked by Besure, Silver Springs, FL Wed Jul 13, 2011

Answers

1
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Jul 13, 2011
Besure,
Offering a rent-to-buy is a specialty. I hope you have done your research, had an attorney or experienced agent help you with your contract and terms.
You will be a landlord until the option is exercised, so read over and understand the Florida Landlord Tenant law.
If you have done your due diligence, I would offer the home on Craigslist as a sale and rental. Emphasize that you want a "rent to own" tenant. Be prepared to do credit & background checks and hear some sad stories. Most rent to own tenant/buyers are recovering from credit issues that prevent them from qualifying for a conventional purchase. It's important to become familiar with mortgage requirements so you can know the buyer/tenant may qualify to exercise their option at the end of the term. Lots of work to do, or hire an experienced licensed agent.