Rent options for homebuyer where are the best sites for available homes.

Asked by Robert, Columbia, SC Tue Apr 30, 2013

I am a fairly new faculty with the University of South Carolina and we are trying to transition our family to the Columbia area in May-June. At the moment we plan to rent while we sell our house and find the best location for our family long-term. What are some best ways to find rentals. Are there any home sellers who are willing to rent with the possibility of selling their home later? The deciding factor will be good public high school and middle school. I have two children, one dog.
You can contact me at
David
Iowarehab@msn.com

Answers

3
Jay Luebke, Agent, Alpharette, GA
Fri May 10, 2013
Robert,

As I answered in your other question, I am a real estate agent with Russell and Jeffcoat Real Estate here in Downtown Columbia. I understand the needs of those who are students at USC and those who work at the University.

I personally would suggest buying a home, as the home prices are quite low here in Columbia. Buying can also be a more sensible option as you lose the money when renting, rather than building equity in your home when you own it.

There are many different neighborhoods downtown that are very close to USC. I would be happy to pull some information for you regarding what is available in the area. I would encourage you to take a look at my website at http://www.JayLuebke.com for some free buyer resources and some information about the area and the home buying process.

If you would like some more information, please give me a call at 919.696.3104 or send me an email at jluebke@russellandjeffcoat.com. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

Jay Luebke
Real Estate Professional
919.696.3104
Elena Corbin, Other Pro, Columbia, SC
Sun May 5, 2013
I am advertising a house for rent and for sale in Forest Acres. It is close to the USC Campus- probably a 5-10 minute drive.
6608 Vanwood Drive Columbia, SC 29206. You can see it listed on Trulia, Zillow, Craig's List, and Facebook. Actually, I just posted it to the USC Housing Facebook page the other night! Hope to hear from you!
Great brick ranch-style home in Forest Acres! 3-4 bedrooms, 2 baths, LR, DR, breakfast with french doors to back yard. Updated kitchen with granite counter and ceramic tile flooring. Hardwoods in LR/DR, hall and bedrooms. Ceramic tile in kitchen and breakfast/den. Large carpeted bonus room could be 4th bedroom or office/den/playroom. Laundry room. New roof in 2010. HVAC (GasPac) in 2006..Large fenced back yard and large front yard. Excellent schools in Richland Co. District One: Satchelford or Brockman Elementary, Crayton Middle, AC Flora High. Buyers' agents are welcome! Sale Price $170,000.

Elena Corbin
Ginger Forsy…, Agent, Columbia, SC
Tue Apr 30, 2013
I have one home in the Northeast for rent. That will be available near the end of May. I will email you the information. Thanks Ginger