Relocating to Scottsdale

Asked by B_chemaly, Sat Apr 13, 2013

Hi Folks
I will be moving my young family from Toronto (Canada) to Scottsdale in a few months. I know the area fairly well so have a good idea of where we'd like to live. I don't have any credit history in the US so i think buying a house is going to be near impossible for at least a couple months. My preference would definetely be to buy as soon as possible. As for renting, there looks to be plenty on offer in my price range ( $2000 /month) but i have 2 cats that are coming with me so it looks like my options are extremely limited. If there are any agents on here that specialize in helping foreigners purchase and rent in Scottsdale i'd like to hear from you.

Answers

16
Francesca Ha…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed May 15, 2013
For a temporary furnished rental while you find your home call Danielle at Good Life Vacation Rentals- 310-980-1169 she accepts pets!
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Apr 14, 2013
You could consider buying and there are lenders that will work within your parameters. Have you hired a Realtor to represent you yet?
Bianca Benne…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Are you currently working with an agent?
I would be happy to help.

feel free to contact me directly

Real Estate Professional / Prestige Realty
Bianca Bennett / 602-570-7898
Bianca@InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Website: http://www.InvestInArizonaHomes.com
Jeffrey Masi…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Hello B:

Welcome to Arizona. Yes, there are homes to rent until you are ready to purchase. Prices are going up and mortgage rates are near historic lows now, so this is something to consider about purchasing now.

Here is information about Canadians purchasing in Arizona and info about mortgage loans for foreign nationals: http://www.arizonahomesland.com/canadianbuyersarizona.html
Phil Griffith, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Hi; Welcome to the USA. I work with many Canadians. You are correct on the credit issue. But, it is workable. Renting with the cats is a little tricky, especially two, however, I have done it in the past. Happy to help if you like.
Phil Griffith
Russ Lyon Sothebys
602-330-7860
Peter, , Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Should not be a problem if everything is in order as it needs to be in Canada
Rob Ryan, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
B_chemaly -

There are many lenders that provide mortgages to our Canadian buyers. If your credit history is good in Canada, I can help you locate a lender that will work with you. If you are willing to make a significant down payment on a home, in the range of 20% - 30%, then the process will be even easier.

I would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your home purchase in Scottsdale. As a Scottsdale native I am very familiar with all the communities and price ranges that Scottsdale has to offer. Please contact me if you would like to receive a Free list of homes for sale that match you search criteria.

Rob Ryan
The Gallery Collection
Luxury Division of West USA Realty
602-828-1589
RobAZHomes@gmail.com
Peter, , Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
alot of nice places here. your needs and wants should help tie down where would be best for you and your family, Summer time weather is a important factor. Preparing is the most important in moving . Being from Canada should not be a factor in buying a home here. What's your favorite
hockey team? That's important
Endre Barath, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sat Apr 13, 2013
B_chemaly, I am a Relocation Specialist and when clients come into town I spend about 4 days with them to make them familiar with the area to help them settle in. If there is an opportunity I would rather see them rent for six months and when they are comfortably settled in after about three to four months then we can have a better feel for where they should live.

So good luck with your transfer and iyou o not find a Relocation Realtor let me know I have a few that I could refer you to in the Scottsdale area. One of my good friends lives there as well.

Endre Barath,Jr.
Prudential California Realty
Beverly Hills, CA

homes@endrebarath.com
310.486.1002(m)
Web Reference:  http://www.endrebarath.com
, ,
Sat Apr 13, 2013
I am a lender with 30 years experience as a loan officer in Scottsdale and can help you by answering your questions about purchasing. We have excellent programs to assist you in purchasing a home sooner rather than later. Rates and prices are still great. Please feel free to contact me at 480-430-5193.
Lee, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
It certainly would be a shame to move twice in a short period of time, and with prices (and perhaps interest rates) rising, probably much better to buy sooner rather than later!
I know two lenders specializing in helpnig Canadian citizens. If you give me the OK, I will provide your e-ddress to them and they can contact you directly to ascertain their ability to help you.
Wendy Gers, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Hi there and welcome! I work with renters and buyers in the Scottsdale area and would be happy to help you find a home in the valley. If you let me know what your needs are as far as area and size, I can email you some rental homes that will take both cats. Since your preference is to buy as soon as possible, I can give you the names of loan officers that you could talk to in the meantime, which of course could help you make a decision before you even get here. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Jeff Fisher, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Hello. Congratulations on your upcoming move! I have worked with several renters from outside the US. I also have a lender who works with Canadian citizens to get you Pre- qualified. Feel free to contact me. Good luck!
Liza Asbury, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
I specialize in rentals in Scottsdale and would be happy to help you! You can view all rentals on my website, http://www.arizonahousehunting.com, select 'Property Type' then 'Rental Properties'. Feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have. I can also send you a list of available rentals that match what you are looking for. You said you have a pretty good idea of where you want to live, what is the zip code(s)? I look forward to hearing from you.

Liza Asbury
Realtor | Realty ONE Group
480.452.6543
lizaasbury@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/ValleyRentalHomes
Grant Olsen, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Thank you for a thorough introduction B_chemaly.

If you would like to work with an agent that can assist you with a rental (with your two cats) and help you through a worry-free purchase transaction, please give me a call or email.

I have experience finding rental clients a place for their needs and would be glad to share a few testimonials with you.

As for finding you a lender, I work with several mortgage brokers that could assist you with your needs and give you the best possible loan. Along with that, we would be able to offer a few processing discounts because they are our affiliate lender.

I enjoy working with fellow northerners, as I am from Minnesota myself! So It would be my pleasure to assist you through your relocating process!

Grant Olsen
REALTOR®
Prudential Arizona Properties
(480) 800-9635
http://www.InvestAzSunshine.com
Hector Olive…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 13, 2013
I have a lender that offers financing to Canadian citizens. Feel free to contact me.

Thank You,

Hector Olivera Jr.
Realty One Group
HOliveraJr@Yahoo.com
http://www.PhxHomes4u.com
480.359.5510