Is it possible to find a 3 bed 2 bath house that will take large dogs in Novato?

Asked by Ferrisr001, Koloa, HI Wed Oct 3, 2012

Answers

1
Keith Keller, Agent, Novato, CA
Thu May 2, 2013
Hi Ferrisr001, Of course it is! I will take it that you are looking to rent in the way you question is worded. So here's the deal. As a long time landlord I can attest to the difficulty of renting to a tenant with a large dog so here's what you do. Offer a dog damage deposit! It should be brought up as soon as you ask if the landlord will take a large dog. Second ask that the landlord come meet your big (hopefully) sweet and lovable dog and be prepaired to show that your dog will follow simple commands like "out " or "sit". You need to demonstrate that you have your dog under control at all times and his or her behavior is not destructive! Finally be ready to do a simple demonstration of you control of the dog so the landlord can be put at ease. And don't for get the old "the dog stays in the garage pitch"...