I'm looking for a rent to own house,where can I find listings

Asked by Tabatha Marie, Chicago, IL Thu May 1, 2014

Answers

4
Staci Yesner, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Sep 4, 2015
Sometimes on the MLS it is listed as a lease to own option, however there are condos that are used as investment properties that deals can be structured or if there is a home that has been on the market for while in some suburbs and it is listed as both for rent and to buy with two separate MLS numbers, then an attorney may be able to structure a deal to purchase a home after renting it for a specified amount of time.
Javier Rosas, Home Buyer, Hermosa, Chicago, IL
Mon Aug 31, 2015
I'm looking for a condo rent to own in downtown Chicago or south loop 2 beadhroom 1 or 1/2 bath
Ranj Mohip, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Wed Nov 5, 2014
You will have a better chance approaching rentals with a rent-to-own proposition than homes listed for sale. You will also want to engage an attorney to review or draft the agreement. Rent-to-own transactions have 2 closings--one when the lease is signed, and one when you purchase. Good luck.

Attorney Ranj Mohip is a real estate attorney with offices in Chicago and Evanston. The information in this answer is general information and is not intended as legal advice. Further, answering this question or otherwise contributing as a member of Trulia.com does not create an attorney-client relationship. Remember--consult the best real estate attorney in Chicago or in your respective area. Contact us at http://www.ChicagoRealEstateAttorney.com for more information.
Mike Opyd, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Nov 5, 2014
Your not likely to find these they are extremely rare. An agent would be able to find them for you. Hire an agent to help you out. Its free to use their services.