Maria, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I am 23 years old and want to buy a Ft Lauderdale condo in the best spot. What buildings do you suggest?

Asked by Maria, Fort Lauderdale, FL Sun Jun 21, 2009

Answers

4
Jeff Holloway, Agent, Sebastian, FL
Fri Dec 10, 2010
What is most important to you? Resale value? Quality of other homeowners? Ammenities? Foreclosure rate? Owner occupancy vs rental rate? Plenty of questions to narrow it down.
Barry Dunn, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sun Jun 21, 2009
Maria,

There is no way to make a recommendation without knowing two things:

# 1) What price range are you looking in? Condos in Fort Lauderdale/Wilton Manors/Oakland Park could go anywhere from $50,000 up into the millions. That's a lot of ground to cover.

#2) What do you mean by "the best spot"? Where would you rather be? Closer to your work? Closer to the beach? Closer to downtown?

That being said, there are some definate complexes to avoid and stay out of. I can think of more than half a dozen to run away from right off the top of my head, but I don't want to list the names on here because I could end up getting sued! All of those have serious problems because the overwhelming majority of the owners are upside down, or there was poor construction involved with the developer.

Feel free to call me on my cell phone 954-298-1650, and I'll be glad to point you in the right direction.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Barry Dunn
Keller Williams Realty Professionals
3696 N Federal Hwy STE 101
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
Angela Schra…, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Sun Jun 21, 2009
Hi Maria: Congratulations on your decision to buy your first condo... a lot of your decision is dependent upon your budget - although you can pick up units for great prices in many of the newer, swanky buildings, you will still be taking on high monthly condo fees.

I highly recommend that you select a Realtor who knows the different condos but only recommend those that will work for you and your particular situation. You don't want to be looking at places that may pose financing problems because of the number of foreclosures in the building and you also want to choose an association that is financially stable in these difficult times. Many of the slightly older buildings are completely revamped on the inside yet have lower monthly fees than some of the new ones.

I personally love Jackson Tower, for location and the amazing balconies but they start in the $500,000s and the monthly fees are almost $1,000. Vantage View is a nice building, just south of Oakland Park, with prices in the $200,000s right now and reasonable monthly fees. There are several others in between.

Do you particularly want a high-rise? So many questions before I can give you a useful answer. Just watch for those built around 2005-6 as they are the ones with the financial problems now because of foreclosures.

I hope this helps a little and I'd be more than happy to work with you to help you find the perfect condo.

Best of luck to you,

Angela
Villa G Realty, Inc.
Tel: 954-816-7996
Web Reference:  http://www.villagrealty.com
John Palmisa…, , Weston, FL
Sun Jun 21, 2009
Maria, in what price range. What type of amenities are you looking for? Where in Fort Lauderdale, are speaking about down town Fort Lauderdale, near the beach, or in the suburbs?