what are the guideline if you want to extend one car garage to two in shrewsbury,ma?

Asked by R, 01545 Sun Feb 13, 2011

Answers

4
Dayle Doherty’s answer
Dayle Doherty, , Chelmsford, MA
Tue Feb 15, 2011
Hi R,

If you wanted to obtain financing for this project you may want to consider refinancing into a 203k loan. It's an excellent loan product that builds $35,000 for improvements into the loan ($8,000 more for energy efficient upgrades). Rates for 203k came in at 4.75% today for qualified buyers. I specialize in this loan at Phoenix Mortgage Corporation, and I'd be happy to give you more information if you'd like! Feel free to call me at 978-944-6671 or send me an e-mail at dayle@phoenixmortgage.biz

Hope I can help!
Dayle
Ken Lambert, , Exeter, NH
Tue Feb 15, 2011
Hi R- Shouldn't be much of an issue with the town, assuming you have the correct setbacks after the new addition (sides/rear/front). Might cost you $250 in town building permits and then of course the cost itself of the extension itself.
Some towns don't allow a 3-car garage in some areas/ districts. But I don't know of any that limit a house to 1 garage space.
If you need any further help, please let me know. Thanks,
Ken L.
hi thanks for the answer but our home come in clustered zone so we have 10 feet to extend. is it sufficient. also the town office asked me to hire a local surveyer. any help in that matter?
Flag Tue Apr 23, 2013
Carol Kalil-…, , Shrewsbury, MA
Sun Feb 13, 2011
I would call or email the head of building and permits, Patty, she is very helpful and will answer you or just take a ride over there and talk to her
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Feb 13, 2011
For accurate information, check with your local town's building department, accurate information prevents any future problems.
http://www.shrewsbury-ma.gov/department/division.php?fDD=11-23