is there any gov programs out there to help with repairs or energy imporvments on your home?

Asked by lostnblueridge2006, Melbourne, FL Tue May 8, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jinger Knox, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sat Oct 4, 2014
There is a program available for low income Brevard residents through the LIHEAP program. You can get the information by contacting Brevard Housing and Human Services. This is a federally funded program which provides, among other things, Weatherization and energy-related minor home repairs.

2. Who is eligible to receive LIHEAP assistance?

The LIHEAP program in your community determines if your household income qualifies for the program. You must fall into one of these categories:
ELDERLY - Must be at least sixty (60) years old.
DISABLED - Must be receiving disability benefits from either Social Security or employer/insurance disability benefits.
HOUSEHOLDS WITH CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF FIVE (5) - Must provide birth certificates for children five (5) years old or younger.

3. What is the Income Guidelines?

(At or below 125% of the Health & Human Services Poverty Income Guidelines)…

For more information:
Phone: (321) 633-1951

Best of Luck

For all your Realestate needs its always:
85 and Sunny
0 votes
Linda Weir-R…, Agent, Satellite Beach, FL
Tue May 8, 2012
Call FPL, they have many incentives for doing energy improvements for repairs or offering money toward repairs that will help with energy savings.
0 votes
Joan Berrios, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Tue May 8, 2012
If you are purchasing the home - yes - a FHA 203K mortgage., I have a great lender who deals ONLY with these types of mortgages.Denise is her name - see below. Tell her I sent you and if you need help pls let me know!

Joan Berrios

Denise Hostetler
Renovation Mortgage Specialist
NMLSR ID #459758
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
2400 Maitland Center Parkway, Suite 117 | Maitland, FL 32751
Direct 407-659-6838 | Cellular 407-803-2272 | Fax 866-599-5980
To apply online:
0 votes
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Tue May 8, 2012
Yes, there are several. Your best 2 sources of information are:

1. Contact your electric power supplier and talk to customer service, they will give you all up to date info.
2. Talk to your accountant, he/she should know which programs have expired and which are active.
Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more