how to deal with tenant owners that do not comply with house rules and or ccr's regarding remodeling thier?

Asked by Doogerlydoolittle, 98199 Tue Aug 11, 2009

units? I called the city for a complaint of code compliance and they said that they could not really do anything, what can a self managed property association do as a result of this disrespect and neglect.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bill Darnell, , Seattle, WA
Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sorry to say, but your future resides with a good Lawyer. Anything less, and you get the nasty side of the Tenant laws.

Tread lightly,
0 votes
Ardell Della…, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Choose your battles very carefully. A lawsuit that drags on can ruin everyone's property values, as lenders usually won't fund mortgages of buyers while there is a lawsuit in play. Are they just not following the rules, or are they doing something harmful?
0 votes
Mark Despain, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Call Theo Vander Wel @ (425) 462-7070.

You need legal advice and you won't get it here. Good luck.
0 votes
Steve McDona…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Aug 11, 2009
It sounds like you're going to have to tow the line. You have recorded documents (CCRs) that should direct what the appropriate steps are. Start by reviewing your documents. Minimally, you can petition all the owners in compliance asking the negligent parties to get the work done by a specific (and reasonable) dealine. All of your communications should be in writing and sent certified mail. If there are no clear instructions you may want to consult a real estate attorney. Maybe for a small fee you can have the attorney write the letter that will accompany a copy of the CCRs with the specific content referenced. I'm afraid you are your own homeowner's association. Good luck.
0 votes
Fred Griffin, , Tallahassee, FL
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Lawyer Up.

Best wishes,
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more