how one convince the HOA to review/revisit possibility of installing floating engineering floors with special sound proof padding?

Asked by Gg, San Francisco County, CA Fri Jul 27, 2012

I have learned that our association doesn't allow engineering floors on any floors except bottom one. How does one approach association to find out what has been done to reaffirm this decision or what can be done to revisit this decision? For example, any studies that can be done that provide options? Also, it just beyond me why even on bottom floors they only allow carpet in bedroom. There is no one living below, why would anyone care?

Answers

1
Lance King’s answer
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sat Jul 28, 2012
The first thing you need to do is review your CC&Rs or ask the President of the HOA what the procedure is for getting policy review. You are right, it makes no sense that a bottom floor have any regulation for flooring, but these documents are often drawn up as boilerplate and don't always make sense.

Once you figure out how to get a review, come armed with as much info as you can. Unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks of living in a condo - you have to ask permission.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425