how much would it cost to add an additional structure [kitchen] also add a power room and have a pantry/wet bar?

Asked by Desperate Housewife, 33319 Thu Feb 4, 2010

Answers

4
Mark LeMenager’s answer
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Thu Feb 4, 2010
As you say you want to live there a long time, so do a quality job. Sounds like you want to go outside the current walls for this. $75,000 to $100,000 probably isn't out of line. Enjoy!
Desperate Ho…, , 33319
Thu Feb 4, 2010
actually it suppose to say powder room sorry
like a half bath
and i wold really like a really practical kitchen
the idea would be just like the hgtv kitchen minus the entire backsplash
and the pantry/wet bar
and i would have to build an entire structure
(walls , electrical,pluming,roof the whole works
and it is a home that i will be living in for a very long time
Lynne Hale, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Feb 4, 2010
Hello Desperate Housewife - funny!

There are so many variables involved in adding a kitchen or any additions, that nobody could quote you a price without seeing your house and knowing what kind of kitchen, pantry etc you would want. If you would like a quote from a professional Contracter, please contact me and I can give you a recommendation.
I am not quite sure what you mean by "power room" - I have not heard that description before.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards,

Lynne Hale, CRS, e-Pro, CIPS
Broker-Associate
Century 21 Hansen Realty Inc
954-303-0071
lynne@lynnehale.com
Nicole Marks…, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Thu Feb 4, 2010
Hello. Those are great questions. The answer isn't so simple. Cost has a lot to do with the materials you want to use, if plumbing and electrical needs to be moved or added, an labor. In this type of economy I think you have a lot of negotiating power. Businesses and contractors are very eager to get your business.

Are you fixing up your current home or buying one? If you're fixing up your home to sell please be careful not to spend a fortune on the projects because you may not see the cash return.

If you are thinking about buying or selling a home I am happy to help you with this. You can call me at 561-445-8743 or email me at Nicole@buysellboca.com.

Nicole Mason, Realtor
Web Reference:  http://www.buysellboca.com