203knewbie, Home Buyer in 91342

Working with 203K loan for first time. Escrow is open, 203K consultant working on his report. I need to find contractors that work with the 203K in LA

Asked by 203knewbie, 91342 Sat Apr 3, 2010

Looking at $50K-$75K total rehab of two 900 s.f. homes on a large lot. No additions or structural changes.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Paul Welden, Other Pro, Tempe, AZ
Sat Dec 25, 2010
Certified 203k Contractors are located in the 203k Contractor Directory.

Contractor Directory for the FHA 203(k) Loan
(480) 463-4663
Web Reference:  http://203kContractors.com
0 votes
Anthony Perez, Agent, Northridge, CA
Mon Apr 5, 2010
As a retired 20 year engineering and general contractor as well a certified ICC building code inspector, I am able to refer quality contractors to you and manage the project, see my credentials at my website.

We are also rated A+ with the BBB
Web Reference:  http://www.CAcertified.com
0 votes
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Sun Apr 4, 2010
This is probably going to be a challenge on one hand because we have not had FHA loans in Eagle Rock until just recently, so there probably are not a lot of contractors who are familiar with the program.

On the other hand construction has been hard hit with the recession, so my guess is that there will be no shortage of contractors who can do the work. I suggest going down to Eagle Rock Lumber and Hardware, also Tritch Hardware, and asking your questions there. If they don't know the answer, they can probably refer you to someone that does.
0 votes
Shel-lee Dav…, Agent, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Sun Apr 4, 2010
Congratulations on your purchase. Ask both your lender and the 203K consultant for a list of contractors they have worked with in the past. This would be a great first step. Also know, any contractor who carries the correct insurance coverages can be used for this work. It takes about 5 - 10 days to get them approved once they fill out the paperwork. And lastly, if you are doing mostly windows, doors, paint, flooring and kitchen remodel, then check out Home Depot and their contractors. I know that in 2009, Home Depot was an approved contractor for 203K work (you might want to verify with your lender that this is still the case). Have fun with this project, and Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, CDPE
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more